- This event has passed.
Hatay Sufi Tour 2018 April 10-13, 2018
April 10 - April 12
Following the Sema that will be done in Hatay between April 6 and 9, a sufi tour will be organized. In this spiritual trip, we’ll visit the turbe (shrines) of great Sufis, historical places and natural beauties.
Located in the cradle of ancient civilizations, Hatay has always been the settlement and meeting point of Muslim and Christian communities. According to some sufi stories, this region witnessed many miracles performed by the prophets, Sufi saints that lived here.
These are some of the great Sufis and holy personalities that we will visit during the tour:
- Bayazid Bastami: a Persian Sufi, from Khorasan, north-central Iran (9th century).Known as Sultān-ul- Ārifīn, the king of Wisemen, he spent most of his life in Anatolia.
- Prophet Khidr (Hızır, the Green Man): His shrine is also known as “Mecma’ül-Bahreyn”, and it is the meeting place of Prophet Khidr and Moses.
- Moses Tree: This 3000 years old tree is believed to have grown from the staff of the Prophet Moses thanks to the “water of immortality”.
- Ahmet Kuseyri Hazretleri, Şenköy, Yayladağı: The great Sufi follower of Halveti path, who lived in Hatay in the 16th century.
- The Mosque of Habib-i Neccar: Known as Anatolia’s first mosque (7th century).
Habib-i Neccar’s tomb, whose name is mentioned in the sura Yasin, Qur’an, is located here.
- Yahya ve Yunus Hazretleri (St. Yuhanna and Pavlus) and Şem’un Sefa: The graves of these holy personalities who were the disciples of Prophet Jesus are also inside the Habib-i Neccar mosque.
- St. Pierre Church : The church is admitted as the first cathedral of the world and was announced as a place of pilgrimage by the Pope some years ago. Because of the building witnessed the first Christians and their meetings, it bears a unique importance and known as the place where Christians were given this name.