Sufi tour is a 10-12 days long spiritual trip, visiting several cities in Turkey (such as Istanbul, Yalova, Ankara, Konya, Haci Bektas, Nevsehir, Cappadocia, Goremei Urgup, Kutahya, Tavsanli, Bursa). During this tour we visit the turbe (graves) of great Sufis, historical places and natural beauties. We do sohbets (informational speeches) and sema sessions. We sometimes have concerts.
We have been organizing this tour since over 20 years, every year during the same dates. Every year we spend three days in Konya during Hz. Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi’s annual ceremonies. We also travel through several cities to visit the graves of some great Sufis such as: Eyup Sultan – The holy man who hosted Hz. Muhammed in his journey from Mekke to Medina
- Ali Fani Dede – one of the last seyhs of Bahariye Mevlevihanesi
- Hasan Husamettin Ussaki hazretleri – founder of the Ussaki path who came to Anatolia from Horasan for the duty of educastion after a dream he had
- Prophet Yusa – according to the story he came to Mecmeul Bayreyn (Bhosphorous) with Prophet Musa and when he dies there he was buried on this hill.
- Aziz Mahmut Hudai Hz. – great sufi follower of the Celveti path.
- Ahmet Celaleddin Dede – last seyh of the Galata Mevlevihanesi
- Turgut Baba – the last spritual son of Ahmet Celaleddin Dede
- Fevziye Anne
- Haci Bayram-i Veli – great Turkish sufi founder of Bayrami path and poet.Haci Bayram Veli
- Karyagdi Sultan – A woman who prays for snow in the middle of summer and her prayer was accepted.
- Hz. Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi – inspiration of the Mevlevi path, great sufi, poet and idea person
- Hz. Sems Tebrizi – The great sufi who helps Hz. Mevlana to reach the secrets of truth.
- Tavis Ana – The lady who is said to be playing rebab in the times of Hz. Mevlana and according to the story who is listened by Hz. Mevlana.
- Atesbaz-i Veli – kitchen dede of dergah of Hz. Mevlana. He is famous with his miracle about fire.
- Sadreddin Konevi – The step son of Ibn Arabi, Hz. Mevlana´s friend great sufi
- Haci Bektas Veli – visit to great sufi and founder of Bektas path Haci Bektas Veli
- Fazil Guvey
- Emir Sultan – the great sufi who was given a duty by Hz. Muhammed (s.a.s) in his dream and then came to Bursa.
- Uftade Sultan – founder of the Halveti path and the teacher of Aziz Mahmut Hudayi
About Sufi Tour
At times when, the spiritual elements that form the structure of the existance of Turkic people acquire a harmonious shape with the material-physical elements of existance, an accelaration in the culture-science and art synthesis is observed.
Within Central Asia and Anatolia integration, and considering especially Horasan (Transoxiana) culture and civilization as a base, the Turkic sufism that developed in the hearts of Anatolian people has been experienced by mystics like Hz. Mevlana, Hz. Haci Bektas-i Veli, Hz. Haci Bayram-i Veli, Hz. Uftade, Emir Sultan, Yunus Emre, Niyazi Misri, Karacaahmet Sultan, Gunes Hanim, Karyagdi Sultan, Kadincik Ana etc. and these life patterns have been presented to humanity.
We are undertaking this journey to visit these persona who have decoded the secret of the hadith that says:”Die, before dying.” in their eternal resting places, to express that we have accepted the peaks of spritual understandings that they have reached and cordially acquaint ourselves with their moods; starting out with the hadith of Prophet Muhammed, may peace be upon him, that says: “Benefactors do not die, they only change form”. With this perspective we belive that the ego will be disciplined to understand that life continues after death and that we will visit the reality that is present within all of us and has manifested itself in the persona of these mystics.
Great author and sufi Feriduddin-i Attar has stated in his work “Tezkiretu´l-Evliya” that Prophet Muhammed, may peace be upon him, has proclaimed that “God´s mercy and grace rains on the places where people who are close to God are mentioned.” We are expressing our wish to carry their benefaction and blessing that has manifested in their persona to the world at large,both by remembering them and by inclining to inhale the meaning of holy unity that has been manifested in their personage.
In one of the suras of the Holy Kur´an it is stated that “The enlightenment of Allah comes to the world through the channel of beneficients.” We can state definately that -according to our faith- the beneficience that has been manifested in the Benefactors of Allah are moods like mercy, love, sharing, tolerance and benefaction.
In order to allocate time for all this, we wish to repeat this spiritual journey that we have turned into a tradition for sixteen years, between 10th of December and 22nd of December.
Just like the previous journeys, there will be concerts, conferences, chit chats, and visits during the journey with foreign and local participants and spiritual values will be felt and bonds of affection will be formed.
Another specialty of the journey is the travel phenomena. “Travel and find health.” hadith is a clear guide in this subject.
The path to transform spiritual matters from theory to practice is to try to implement them over matter. To acquaint oneself with the moods of Great Mystics in their spiritual posts, is to strengthen the cordial feelings within us.