2019 SUFI TOUR PROGRAM (10-21 DECEMBER 2019)
10th of December: Reunion – Dinner to commemorate the founding of TUMATA at TUMATA Musical Instruments Museum (Lodging and accommodation in Istanbul)
11th: TOUR OF ISTANBUL: (His Holiness Seyyid Ahmed Husammetin (Hz.) – His Holiness Ali Fani Dede (Hz.) – His Holiness Eyup Sultan (Hz.) – His Holiness Prophet Joshua (Hz.) – His Holiness Turgut Baba (Hz.) – His Holiness Ahmed Celalleddin Dede (Hz.) – His Holiness Oruc Guvenc Baba (Hz.) – Kamil Baba and Urkiye Mother (Hz.) – His Holiness Aziz Mahmut Hudai (Hz.)) (Lodging and accommodation in Istanbul)
12th: Journey to Bursa (Visiting His Holiness Uftade Hz. – His Holiness Emir Sultan Hz.) Journey to Eskisehir ( His Holiness Sihabeddin Suhreverdi (Hz.)) (Lodging and accommodation in Eskisehir)
13th: A trip to Sazova Musical Instruments Museum – SIVRIHISAR ; (The Mansion of His Holiness Seyyid Husameddin (Hz.)) ( His Holiness Yunus Emre (Hz.)) (Lodging and accommodation in Ankara)
14th: Tour of ANKARA: ( His Holiness Hadji Bayram Veli (Hz.)- Her Holiness Karyagdy Sultan (Hz.) – His Holiness Sucaaddin (Hz.) ) – Mausolea of Ataturk (ANIT KABIR) (Lodging and accommodation in Ankara)
15th: Journey to KIRSEHIR, ( His Holiness Ahi Evren (Hz.) – His Holiness Hadji Bektas – i Veli (Hz.) (Lodging and accommodation in Nevsehir)
16th: Tour of Cappadocia, Journey to Konia (Lodging and accommodation in Konia)
17th: Tour of KONIA: (His Holiness Mevlana Jelaleddin-i Rumi (Hz.) – His Holiness Shamseddin-i Tabrizi (Hz.) , His Holiness Sadrettin-i Konevi (Hz.) – Her Holiness Mother Tavus (Hz.) -His Holiness Ateshbaz-i Veli (Hz.)) (Lodging and accommodation in Konia)
18th: Tour of KARAMAN: (Her Holiness Mu’mine Hatun (Hz.) – His Holiness Yunus Emre (Hz.) – His Holiness Taptuk Emre (Hz.)) (Lodging and accommodation in Konia)
19th: AKSEHIR: ( His Holiness Nasreddin Hodja (Hz.) AFION: (Visiting a Mevlevihane) -A trip to the Phrygian Valley (Lodging and accommodation in AFION)
20th: KUTAHYA: A trip to Chaudarhisar (Aizani Ruins) – ( His Holiness Sunullah Gaybi (Hz.) – Visiting a Mevlevihane) – TAVSANLI – (His Holiness Fazil Baba (Hz.) – His Holiness Sari Ismail Dede (Hz.) – (Lodging and accommodation in TAVSANLI at Göbel Thermal Facilities – Accompanied by a Turkish Music Chorus)
21th: RETURN TO ISTANBUL
Trip Fee: 1000 Euros
Contact: Yasar Guvenc Phone: +90 532 422 39 88 E-mail: email@example.com
Sufi tour is a 10-12 days long spiritual trip, visiting several cities in Turkey (such as Istanbul, Yalova, Ankara, Konya, Haci Bektas, Nevsehir, Cappadocia, Goremei Urgup, Kutahya, Tavsanli, Bursa). During this tour we visit the turbe (graves) of great Sufis, historical places and natural beauties. We do sohbets (informational speeches) and sema sessions. We sometimes have concerts.
We have been organizing this tour since over 20 years, every year during the same dates. Every year we spend three days in Konya during Hz. Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi’s annual ceremonies. We also travel through several cities to visit the graves of some great Sufis such as: Eyup Sultan – The holy man who hosted Hz. Muhammed in his journey from Mekke to Medina
- Ali Fani Dede – one of the last seyhs of Bahariye Mevlevihanesi
- Hasan Husamettin Ussaki hazretleri – founder of the Ussaki path who came to Anatolia from Horasan for the duty of educastion after a dream he had
- Prophet Yusa – according to the story he came to Mecmeul Bayreyn (Bhosphorous) with Prophet Musa and when he dies there he was buried on this hill.
- Aziz Mahmut Hudai Hz. – great sufi follower of the Celveti path.
- Ahmet Celaleddin Dede – last seyh of the Galata Mevlevihanesi
- Turgut Baba – the last spritual son of Ahmet Celaleddin Dede
- Fevziye Anne
- Haci Bayram-i Veli – great Turkish sufi founder of Bayrami path and poet.Haci Bayram Veli
- Karyagdi Sultan – A woman who prays for snow in the middle of summer and her prayer was accepted.
- Hz. Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi – inspiration of the Mevlevi path, great sufi, poet and idea person
- Hz. Sems Tebrizi – The great sufi who helps Hz. Mevlana to reach the secrets of truth.
- Tavis Ana – The lady who is said to be playing rebab in the times of Hz. Mevlana and according to the story who is listened by Hz. Mevlana.
- Atesbaz-i Veli – kitchen dede of dergah of Hz. Mevlana. He is famous with his miracle about fire.
- Sadreddin Konevi – The step son of Ibn Arabi, Hz. Mevlana´s friend great sufi
- Haci Bektas Veli – visit to great sufi and founder of Bektas path Haci Bektas Veli
- Fazil Guvey
- Emir Sultan – the great sufi who was given a duty by Hz. Muhammed (s.a.s) in his dream and then came to Bursa.
- Uftade Sultan – founder of the Halveti path and the teacher of Aziz Mahmut Hudayi
GREAT MYSTICS TO BE VISITED
• His Holiness Seyyid Husamettin (Hz.) – Great Sufi and Man of the Heart
• His Holiness Eyup Sultan (Hz.) The Holy Person whom His Holiness Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) stayed at his house during the Hegira
• His Holiness Ali Fani Dede (Hz.)- One of the last Dedes of the Bahariye Mevlevihane
• His Holiness Hasan Husamettin Ussaki (Hz.) – The Ussaki Pir who came to Anatolia from Khorasan to fulfill his spiritual guidance mission upon a dream that he had
• His Holiness Prophet Joshua – According to tradition it is said that he came to the Bosphorus with Prophet Moses and passed away and was buried here.
• His Holiness Aziz Mahmut Hudai (Hz.) – The founder of the Jelveti Path and its Pir – A Great Mystic
• His Holiness Ahmet Celaleddin Dede (Hz.) – The last Sheikh of the Galata Mevlevihane
• His Holiness Turgut Baba (Hz.) – The last spiritual son of His Holiness Ahmet Celaleddin Dede (Hz.)
• His Holiness Oruc Guvenc Baba (Hz.) – Grand Maestro (Multi Sheikh)
• His Holiness Yunus Emre (Hz.) – Great Poet of Sufism
• His Holiness Hadji Bayram-i Veli (Hz.) – Great Turkish Sufi and Poet and the Pir of the Bayrami Path
• Her Holiness Karyagdy Sultan (Hz.) – The Lady who prayed for snow in the middle of summer and whose prayer was answered
• His Holiness Mevlana Jelaleddin-i Rumi (Hz.) – The Leader of the Mevlevi Path – Great Mystic, Sufi, Poet, and Philosopher
• His Holiness Shams-i Tabrizi (Hz.) – Great Mystic who helped His Holiness Mevlana Jelaleddin-i Rumi (Hz.) to reach the secrets of Reality
• Her Holiness Mother Tavis (Hz.) – It is reported that she used to play the Rebab at the time of His Holiness Mevlana Jelaleddin-i Rumi (Hz.) and it is also reported that His HolinessMevlana Jelaleddin-i Rumi (Hz.)used to listen to her music.
• His Holiness Ateshbaz-i Veli (Hz.) – The Kitchen Dede of the Dergah of His Holiness Mevlana Jelaleddin-i Rumi (Hz.) – He is famous for his feats with fire.
• His Holiness Sadreddin Konevi (Hz.); the stepson of His Holiness Ibn Arabi (Hz.), Great Sufi, Mystic, the companion of His Holiness Mevlana Jelaleddin-i Rumi (Hz.)
• His Holiness Nasreddin Hodja (Hz.) – Great Philosopher and Man of the Heart
• His Holiness Hadji Bektash-i Veli (Hz.) – Great Turkish Sufi and Poet, the Pir of the Bektashi Path
• His Holiness Fazil Guvey (Hz.) – Our Master
• His Holiness Sunullah Gaybi (Hz.) – Halveti and Shabani Sheikh in Kutahya
• His Holiness Sari Ismail Dede (Hz.) – The Organizer of His Holiness Hadji Bektash-i Veli (Hz.)
• His Holiness Emir Sultan (Hz.) – The Great Sufi who was appointed by His Holiness Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) and sent to Bursa in his dream.
• His Holiness Uftade Sultan (Hz.) – The Pir of the Halveti Path and the Master (Sheikh) of His Holiness Aziz Mahmud Hudai (Hz.)
• -TUMATA Musical Instruments Museum
• -Eskişehir Musical Instruments Museum
• -Ankara Mausolea of Ataturk
• -Afyonkarahisar Phrygian Valley Trip
• Kutahya, Choudarhisar, Aizane Ruins
About Sufi Tour
At times when the spiritual elements that form the structure of the existence of Turkic people acquire a harmonious shape with the material-physical elements of existence, an acceleration in the culture-science and art synthesis is observed.
Within Central Asia and Anatolia integration, and considering especially Horasan (Transoxiana) culture and civilization as a base, the Turkic Sufism that developed in the hearts of Anatolian people has been experienced by mystics like Hz. Mevlana, Hz. Haci Bektas-i Veli, Hz. Haci Bayram-i Veli, Hz. Uftade, Emir Sultan, Yunus Emre, Niyazi Misri, Karacaahmet Sultan, Gunes Hanim, Karyagdi Sultan, Kadincik Ana, etc. and these life patterns have been presented to humanity.
We are undertaking this journey to visit these personas who have decoded the secret of the hadith that says: “Die, before dying.” in their eternal resting places, to express that we have accepted the peaks of spiritual understandings that they have reached and cordially acquaint ourselves with their moods; starting out with the hadith of Prophet Muhammed, may peace be upon him, that says: “Benefactors do not die, they only change form”. With this perspective, we believe that the ego will be disciplined to understand that life continues after death and that we will visit the reality that is present within all of us and has manifested itself in the persona of these mystics.
Great author and Sufi Feriduddin-i Attar has stated in his work “Tezkiretu´l-Evliya” that Prophet Muhammed, may peace be upon him, has proclaimed that “God´s mercy and grace rains on the places where people who are close to God are mentioned.” We are expressing our wish to carry their benefaction and blessing that has manifested in their persona to the world at large, both by remembering them and by inclining to inhale the meaning of holy unity that has been manifested in their personage.
In one of the suras of the Holy Kur´an it is stated that “The enlightenment of Allah comes to the world through the channel of beneficients.” We can state definitely that -according to our faith- the beneficence that has been manifested in the Benefactors of Allah are moods like mercy, love, sharing, tolerance, and benefaction.
In order to allocate time for all this, we wish to repeat this spiritual journey that we have turned into a tradition for sixteen years, between the 10th of December and 21st of December.
Just like the previous journeys, there will be concerts, conferences, chit chats, and visits during the journey with foreign and local participants and spiritual values will be felt and bonds of affection will be formed.
Another specialty of the journey is the travel phenomena. “Travel and find health.” hadith is a clear guide in this subject.
The path to transforming spiritual matters from theory to practice is to try to implement them over matter. To acquaint oneself with the moods of Great Mystics in their spiritual posts is to strengthen the cordial feelings within us.